FSA Receives Ecumen Award
The Franciscan Sisters of Allegany were recognized with the GOAC Ecumen Award on January 26, 2020.
Pray for Peace
Join us in a moment of prayer for peace in our world.
Click here to order prayer cards.
We, the Franciscan Sisters of Allegany,
seek to live the Gospel of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
We witness to God's Love in the Franciscan tradition
by living as sisters with all creation
and by joyfully serving others,
especially those who are poor or marginalized.
As vowed women, our Mission impels us to:
- Live simply in right relationship with God, with others, and with creation
- Commit to continuing conversion
- Deepen our contemplative stance
-proclaim the reign of God in word and deed
- Participate in building a global community based on the principles of justice and compassion
- Be instruments of peace, reconciliation, and non-violence in our Congregation, Church, and world
- Care for God's earth and its resources
Chapter Statement 2016
Ignited by the fire of the Spirit and our Allegany Franciscan-Clarian charism, we lovingly gaze on the Source of All Goodness, and consider our mission and witness in the church and the world. We contemplate creation’s clamor for justice and peace; and transformed by the life and ministry of Jesus, we respond. We act as Gospel women and partner with others to generate a culture of peace and integrity, reflecting God’s love for our human family and common home.